[PADG:972] conservator positions

My institution has asked me to give examples of conservation
positions at other institutions for which the educational
background requires education beyond the BA. Also, whether these
positions are treated as librarian/faculty postions (with or
without the MLS).

If you would respond to this message with just a brief reply
that would allow me to say, yes, this institution requires a
MLS, or an MFA, or, no, they require the BA, but
experience...whatever.

And, separately, whether the conservator position is either a
librarian position or equivalent professional status that
carries with it the same salary level and benefits.

I think that's all I need for now. Thank you!

Paula De Stefano
Barbara Goldsmith Curator for Preservation and
  Head, Preservation Department
New York University Libraries
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012