[PADG:951] Re: Send options

You do not need to resubscribe.  The list processor software automatically checks against the subscriber list.

If you do want to post from two locations, you will need to subscribe from both, or use a remote messaging option from one to the other (e.g., if I want to send from home to a list I subscribe to from my @ala.org account, I have to use the ALA remote reader to send the message; the listprocessor software won't recognize me from an @aol.com (for example) address).  Just send another "subscribe padg firstname lastname" message to listproc@xxxxxxxx

>>> workace@xxxxxxxxxxx 03/14/00 04:28PM >>>
Karen:
    Do we have to sign up or just our current e-mail address will be
detected and checked against the database. If we want to use two address
locations to submit to the list, what will the procedure be to add the
additional address.

    Ray

     Ray Saikus
     Committee to Save Cleveland's Huletts
     http://community.cleveland.com/cc/savehuletts
     http://members.stratos.net/workace
     save_huletts@xxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----
From: Karen Muller <kmuller@xxxxxxx>
To: <padg@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 4:41 PM
Subject: [PADG:949] Send options

> PADG list members:
>
> I have redone the list specifications so that messages may be posted by
subscribers only.

> This change should eliminate all "spam" or spam-like postings.  However,
it will also mean that you cannot ask your assitant to post something on
your behalf, and that you can't post from home, if you're subscribed from
work, etc.  (If you are one of those at an institution where the e-mail
server is selected on a capacity basis and the "invisible" first element of
your address after the @ varies regularly, you will have difficulty as
well.)