Brittle Books Scanning System

Indiana University has received a grant to digitize and provide access on
the Web to a twenty-year run of a Russian periodical index, _Letopis'
Zhurnal nykh Statei_.  The index is extremely brittle.  We will be image
scanning it first, then OCR processing the image files.  We have been
using the Xerox XDOD system for brittle books scanning.  However, we do
not want to use XDOD for this project. Could you recommend another system?
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kristine R. Brancolini
Digital Library Program
Main Library E170