Re: Fire at Lyon's university library.

Is it possible that we could organize an effort to scan
microfilmed titles that we hold in common with the Lyon's
University Library to replace the titles that they lost? It
would be expensive, so funding, of course, would need to be
found for this, but even on a small scale, it might be quite
helpful and an excellent use of the technology.  They could use
the digital files, or print and bind the titles for the shelf.

Paula De Stefano
Barbara Goldsmith Curator for Preservation and
  Head, Preservation Department
New York University Libraries
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012