Fwd: Revised draft of Z39.62: Eye-legible Information on Microfilm Leaders

I can gather up any comments and send them onto Carlen

Thanks

>Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 13:43:57 -0500 (EST)
>From: Carlen Ruschoff <ruschoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Karen Muller <kmuller@xxxxxxx>, Mary Jo Lynch <mlynch@xxxxxxx>,
>        "Sarah Pritchard (ALA Standards)" <spritchard@xxxxxxxxx>,
>        "Brian Baird (PARS)" <bbaird@xxxxxxxxx>,
>        "Ann Caldwell (AV)" <AP201077@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sjane@xxxxxxxxxxx,
>        brancoli@xxxxxxxxxxx
>cc: Dale Swensen <dale_swensen@xxxxxxx>,
>        Sheila Intner <sintner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>        "Maureen Sullivan (ACRL)" <maureen@xxxxxxx>,
>        "Christine Hage (PLA)" <hagec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>        "Jo Bell Whitlatch (RUSA)" <jwhitlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>        "Barbara Berger(PARS)" <beb1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Revised draft of Z39.62: Eye-legible Information on Microfilm Leaders
>
>To:  Mary Jo Lynch, ALA Office of Research & Statistics
>       Karen Muller, ALCTS Executive Director
>        Sarah Pritchard, ALA Standards, Chair
>        Brian J. Baird, PARS Books & Paper Standards, Chair
>        Ann Caldwell, ALCTS Media Resources, Chair
>        Kristine Brancolini, ACRL Media Resources, Chair
>        Sarah Sartain Jane, RUSA Standards & Guidelines, Chair
>
>From:  Carlen Ruschoff, ALA Representative to NISO
>
>Date: April 1, 1999
>
>Subject: NISO Z39.62-199X, Eye-legible Information on Microfilm
>Leaders..., etc.
>
>A revised and updated version of NISO standard Z39.62 -- Eye-legible
>information on Microfilm Leaders and Trailers and on Containers of
>processed Microfilm on Open Reels is out for ballot and review.  This
>standard gives micropublishers and microfilming agencies specifications
>and guidelines on the eye-legible information to put on roll microfilm
>leaders and trailers and on microfilm containers; many of the changes are
>needed as a result of the recent revision of MS23.  Walter Cybulski
>(National Library of Medicine) prepared this revision.
>
>The standard is available on the NISO WEB site or by using the following
>draft document.  If you do not have one, page down to the  yellow box
>labeled "Get Acrobat Reader" and click.  If you do not have access to the
>Web or are unable to contact the site, please let me know and I will fax a
>copy of the draft standard to you.
>
>Please distribute the draft within your community for discussion and
>comment and return the  ballot below and comments to me by May 6, 1999.
>Send your comments to me via e-mail.  My address is:
>ruschoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  It is a real time saver to have your
>comments in machine readable form.
>
>Let me know if you know of an ALA group that should review this standard
>but is not listed in the distribution above.  I will be most happy to
>solicit comments from any ALA group with interest and expertise on this
>subject.  Thank you!
>

>cc:                      Dale Swensen, Editor, ALCTS Newsletter
>                          Sheila Intner, ALCTS President
>                          Maureen Sullivan, ACRL President
>                          Christine Hage, Public Library Association
>                          Jo Bell Whitlatch, Reference & Adult Services
> [...]

Barbara Berger				phone: 607-255-5291
Preservation Reformatting Librarian	fax:	607-254-7493
Cornell University Library			email:	beb1@xxxxxxxxxxx
B32 Olin Library
Ithaca, NY 14853