Re: mass deacidification

Bobbie,

Here at Penn State the Preservation Collections Care technician updates
each local bib record with a 583 note tag to report md vendor name and
address, treatment used, and date of treatment.  For example:

583 2b $a Deacidifed $c 19980814 $i liquid $x bookkeepers III $j Canberry
Township, PA 16066 $k Preservation Technologies Inc.

We also add a 598 tag if needed to record treatment of a specific copy when
multiple copies are listed on one bib record.  For example:

598 bb Engineering copy deacidified
598 bb Stacks v.1 deacidified
598 bb [barcode #] deacidified

And, we deparment charge each item sent for treatment -- use MASS as its
mnemonic code.

Hope this is helpful.

Sue