Re: Part-time Positions in Preservation

My first question would be, how much pay are you offering? It sounds to me like you are expecting a great deal of skill and previous experience for what is probably a low-paying job with no benefits.

Here at the state library, I just recently hired an assistant to perform these same duties. Considering that the pay for undegreed positions is horrendous in government jobs (even though the benefits are great), I knew I would only be able to hire an intelligent person and train her myself. She has worked out superbly and is learning all the time.

Just my thoughts....

Jennifer Bruer Kitchel
Documents Conservator
Tennessee State Library & Archives