Preservation Issues in Small to Mid Sized DG

PARS Preservation Issues in Small to Mid-Sized
Libraries Discussion Group
Sunday, June 28th
2pm to 4pm
Gallaudett University
Kellogg Conference Center
Room 4 A/B/C

Topic: "Preservation Consultants-Their Care and Feeding".

While all libraries could benefit from in-house preservation expertise,
most small and mid-sized libraries can not afford to have a full or part
time preservation officer on staff.  However, many of these types of
institutions could benefit greatly from hiring a preservation consultant
for a short term visit.  Please join the Preservation Issues in Small to
Mid-Sized Libraries Discussion Group as we discuss many different
aspects of the preservation consultation process, such as finding the
right one, determining exactly what you want from them, implementing
their recommendations and evaluating their services.  Lisa Fox,
preservation consultant and noted author, will be the keynote speaker.

We will also be holding elections for the next Chair of the Discussion
Group at the conclusion of the meeting.

See you there!

Cathleen L.  Mook
Head, Binding Unit