Polysulfide Treatment

I want to correct a recent misunderstanding about the availability of
polysulfide treatment. The Image Permanence Institute (IPI) informed us
last summer that they would no longer be making polysulfide solution
concentrate. Because Preservation Resources has many clients to whom we
have committed to provide this service, we have undertaken to produce
polysulfide solution ourselves. Working with IPI, we have now
successfully made and applied polysulfide solution treatment. IPI has
agreed to provide third party testing and verification of the conversion
rates. Preservation Resources will continue to provide polysulfide
treatment for preservation microfilm. The following wording has been
agreed upon for the IPI certification:

"The Image Permanence Institute (IPI) certifies that they have performed
the necessary Hydrogen Peroxide Incubation and Dichromate Bleach Tests,
as specified by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), on
film provided by Preservation Resources.   This film was treated with
polysulfide created by Preservation Resources, and the test results
prove that the correct conversion rate has been achieved.

The film tested meets all criteria for archival microfilm according to
oxidation standards developed by the Image Permanence Institute and the
American National Standards Institute."

Meg Bellinger
President
Preservation Resources