Book Drops

At the University of Chicago we are in the process of redesigning our
Library's front entrance and lobby.   Does anyone have any new information
about designs for book drops or other alternatives?  Though I am well aware
of the problems with book drops, an even greater concern for us is making
sure users can easily return materials when the Library is open and closed.
Also, pressures on staffing make it impractical for patrons to directly hand
books over the counter to a staff member.  Please feel free to respond on
the list or directly.

Sherry