Advice on effective speaker for preservation fundraising

Dear colleagues:

We are planning a fund-raising initiative for our preservation endowment
effort, and are considering inviting an "well-known" and effective speaker
to kick off the campaign.  We are seeking a person who has the ability
effectively to evoke the importance and meaning of preserving research
library collections and, I add unblushingly, to draw a crowd.

I seek you ideas, suggestions, advice and shared experience.

Respond to me directly (boomgaarden.1@xxxxxxx) and I will summarize for the
PADG list what I hear of your collective wisdom.

Thank you once again for your help.

Wes
Wesley L. Boomgaarden
Preservation Officer