Where are we going?

Happy New Year everyone.

Well, to business. After a quick check of our back numbers I see that
no-one has posted anything to the list since November. In addition the
subscription list remains pretty damn small. So I think I need to ask
the question - are people interested in having the list there just for
the occasional bursts of messages going between a very small group
(which is fine and very easy to manage if people are happy with it that
way) - or do we want to either lay it quietly to rest or look at
changing its focus in some way.

If we were to look at changing its focus, one thing I would suggest is
that we talk to the people doing the AICCM Website about whether they
would like to adopt it as a general AICCM mailing list as the setup of
the list has all been done, including archiving etc. Its focus would no
longer be specifically on research, but it could still of course carry
research related messages. For instance it might be a forum for
discussing general AICCM news and posting details of events, and might
also be a forum for all the special interest groups to correspond
regularly with their members, not just the Conservation science focussed
people. It would still give us a forum for discussing local Australian
matters and events, which tend to get a bit swamped on other lists.

What do you all think?

Alison