Bibliographic Software

I use Procite for my Macintosh for my Antarctic research.  I find Procite
very good, except that it is not possible to do a standard Harvard format
citation for lists of references at the end of a research paper.

A friend in Hobart who is a librarian and who used to train people in use
of bibliographic software said that she feels that Procite is superior in
terms of its architecture but that Endnote is now more common.  Endnote is
easy to use for papers with reference numbers.  I have not heard of the
other programs.

NMA is thinking of getting Procite for PCs.  It seems to be very difficult
to export records from Procite for Mac to Procite for PC- very annoying
when I have about 1500 references on my biblio.

Janet