[Table of Contents] [Search]

Re: [frameconnews]

The paper art should and can be archivally framed in a shadowbox (deep) frame
with hinges and floating on an archival board.  The reality of the ART BEING
FLAT is the unrealistic expectation of the artist that a picture framer can
make a "silk purse out of a sows ear."  I have flattened some art in the past
in a heated vacuum press.  I used a very low temp 150F for 5 minutes.  I
backed the art with a dampened sheet of paper larger than the art.  I did not
place moisture directly to the art.  Since I am not a paper conservator and I
assume that you are not one either. I would temper this suggestion with a
suggestion that a paper conservator attempt to flatten the art first for you.

JEROME FEIG   CPFcm                         248-399-1320
FIELD ART STUDIO                                    248-399-7018 FAX
24242 WOODWARD AVE
PLEASANT RIDGE, MI 48069