[Table of Contents] [Search]

[frameconnews] Re: Museum Glass

In a message dated 03/17/2000 1:44:47 AM Central Standard Time,
geoff.osmond@talk21.com writes:

<< I am trying to source an antireflective UV protecting glass for a customer
 who wants to reglaze high financial value pictures. I had settled on Tru-Vue
 Museum only to find that their distributors in the UK don't stock
Museum.......
.......Any facts or considered opinions welcomed.
 Geoff Osmond, Framer >>

Geoff,

As Orton mentioned, we also use TV Conservation Clear on a regular basis for
this type of work.  Related..........

TV Conservation Clear has been getting a major amount of bad discussion over
the past 2 months on the PPFA Exchange and the Grumble.  Talking to "key"
people at Tru-Vue in New York last weekend, they shared some information.
The problem involved the last coated stage where "debris" was adhering to the
coating.  They went back-and-fore with the manufacturer of the equipment, and
appear to finally have the problem corrected.  In the meantime, TV has let
inventories deliberately fall and is currently shipping good material.

Geoff - I was under the assumption that Tru-Vue used to make a special run of
Museum Glass for Glass & Mirror in London.  Call John Palmer / John Watson to
see if they still have this done, or if they have some inventory.

Regards,

John
 John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
 <A HREF="http://www.theframeworkshop.com/">The Frame Workshop of Appleton,