[Table of Contents] [Search]

[frameconnews] Photographs

I am framing a couple of wedding photographs; one taken recently and one of
the brides�s grandparents. The most modern one is to be bonded to a canvas
effect substrate. Does anyone know what type of material this is in terms of
whether it should be framed with a buffered or unbuffered cotton museum
board?

I usually frame modern photographic prints with an unbuffered board, if the
customer�s budget runs to it. But since the older of the two photos is
pasted onto a backing mount, I intend to follow my usual practice of
suggesting a copy is made, and I�ll frame that the same way. If they insist
on framing the original, this will be done with a buffered board.

Am I doing the right thing(s)?

Andrew Macdonald

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/frameconnews