Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Shuhel Miah <shuhel.miah<-at->
Date: Monday, December 21, 2015
Conservation Technician, Time-Based Media
Conservation Department
Tate
Southwark, London

Full-time, 7 Months Fixed-term

Reference: TG1175
Band/Salary: 5L - UKP21,011 per annum

Reporting to: Senior Conservation Technician, Time-Based Media

We are seeking a Conservation Technician, (Time Based Media) to work
within our Time Based Media (TiBM) Conservation team.  The
Conservation Technician will provide technical support for the time
based media artwork collection, with a focus on supporting the
exhibition and display of artworks through media and equipment
checking, sourcing and preparing equipment for display and updating
Conservation Records.  You will assist the Senior Technicians and
Conservators with the exhibition and display of the Time Based Media
artworks selected for the New Tate Modern displays.

You must have technical knowledge of a wide range of media including
film, video, audio and slides, as well as experience of installing
time based media artworks.  You will able to demonstrate the
practical skills required for handling TiBM art works and for
checking and servicing equipment.  You must have a pragmatic
approach to problem-solving and good communication skills including
experience with databases, CAD and image processing programmes.  You
will have effective time-management skills and be able to work
flexibly as part of a team or alone.

How to apply: Our opportunities are open for you to apply online.
Please visit:

    <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk/about/workingattate/>

to create an account by registering your details or if you are an
existing user, log into your account.  For all opportunities, we ask
candidates to complete an online application form for the vacancy
they are interested in.  If you need an application form in an
alternative format, please call us on +44 20 7887 4997Once you
have submitted your application, you can keep track of its progress
by logging in to your account.

The closing date for the submission of completed application forms
is Friday, 8 January 2016 by 17.00.

Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.

Please note that any information sent, received or held by Tate may
be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000

                Distributed: Thursday, December 24, 2015