Subject: Water mist fire suppression systems

Water mist fire suppression systems

From: Karen Potje <kpotje<-at->
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Here at the Canadian Centre for Architecture we are planning on
replacing our Halon fire suppression system and are choosing between
conventional sprinklers and water mist.  I'm trying to find museums,
libraries and archives in North America which have installed water
mist systems--and I'm not having much luck.  There are many
examples in Europe, Asian and the Middle East but in North America I
have found only the Winnipeg Art Gallery, the National Gallery of
Art in Washington (in some decorative galleries), and the State
Library of Pennsylvania (in people areas, with a gas system in
collections areas.)

Does anyone know of any other North American collecting institutions
which have installed water mist?

Karen Potje
Chef, Conservation/Restauration
Head, Conservation/Preservation