Subject: Hydraulic variable height workbenches

Hydraulic variable height workbenches

From: Anthony Sigel <tony_sigel<-at->
Date: Friday, December 11, 2015
Athena Moore <athenamae<-at->gmail<.>com> writes

>I am looking for a source for hand-cranked hydraulic variable height
>workbenches.  A wood working surface is preferable.  Any information
>would be appreciated.

At the Harvard Art Museum's Straus center for conservation, we are
very happy with the electric, variable height work table bases from
Phoenix

    <URL:http://www.phoenixbenchline.com/px/>

They are local, made here in Massachusetts, and were recommended to
us by the Worcester Art Museum conservators, who use the
hand-cranked version and are also very happy with them.  We have the
"Basic series 400 workstation, electric", and chose to supply our
own tops.  We specified a power strip be installed on each short
end.

Tony Sigel
Conservator of Objects and Sculpture
Straus Center for Conservation and Technical Studies
Harvard Art Museums
32 Quincy Street
Cambridge MA 02138
617-496-1903