Subject: Polyorama Panoptique

Polyorama Panoptique

From: Stephanie Baily <stephanie.baily<-at->
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2015
I am hoping to find someone who has worked on a Polyorama Panoptique
box/viewer.  I have been examining a large one (slides are
approximately 26 cm x 34 cm) where the bellows is extensively
damaged and I'm considering the feasibility of removing this
component for treatment.  There are extensive tears and the join on
the lower edge of the bellows has opened.  The paper has largely
separated from the fabric lining and the structural integrity has
been lost so that the bellows no longer concertina for storage.  I'm
aware of Ted Stanley's article regarding conservation treatment of
the paper slides but have been unable to find information on the
viewing box.

Stephanie Baily
Paper Conservator
Perth, Western Australia

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 25, 2015