Subject: Proteins and glutens in vegetables for pastes

Proteins and glutens in vegetables for pastes

From: Christine Smith <chahana_art<-at->
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2015
Can anyone point me to an expert or to scientific publications for
questions about the proteins in some of the vegetables that have
been used to make conservation pastes: rice, arrowroot, corn, and
potato?  For a book on nineteenth- and early twentieth-century paper
conservation practices in North American and Western Europe, I need
to clarify questions about glutens and other proteins in those
vegetables.  No matter how I Google, I find only pop-science
discussions related to gluten and diet.  I need to know about
proteins and gluten in the plants themselves.  I would be most
appreciative of any referrals that Cons DistList readers might be
able to provide.

Christine Smith
6044 Old Telegraph Road
Alexandria VA 22310-2146