Subject: Position at KS&H Ltd.

Position at KS&H Ltd.

From: Kiffy Stainer-Hutchins <kiffy<-at->
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Paintings Conservator; easel and monumental paintings
KSH&Co Ltd
Houghton Conservation Studios
Near Kings Lynn
Norfolk PE31 6ZD

Full Time Fixed Term Contract, December 2015 - May 2016
6 months initially with the possibility to extend.

UKP pro rata - salary negotiable /commensurate with experience

KSH&Co Ltd is one of the UK's leading independent paintings
conservation practices currently comprising 3 experienced paintings
conservators, a part-time paintings conservator, 2 interns in
paintings conservation, a frame technician and a business manager.
Established in 2004, and operating from a fully equipped and custom
built 2,500 square foot studio base on the Houghton Hall estate
(home of the Marquess of Cholmondeley), we have one of the largest
studio spaces in the private sector.  Working on paintings from the
14th century to the present day, our clients come from all over the
UK and worldwide.  We are an extremely busy practice working on a
wide variety of projects at any one time, covering the treatment of
complex cleaning and cosmetic restoration, complex structural
treatments (canvas and panel), in-depth study and research, very
large monumental paintings, and large site-work projects.

KSH&Co Ltd is offering a full time position based at our Norfolk
studios for a moderately experienced conservator.  The successful
applicant will therefore be a paintings conservator with between 2-5
years post qualification experience who will work as part of our
core team.  The position will require extensive concentration on
practical studio work with opportunities for associated research and
study depending on current projects (typically we have several such
projects in progress at any time).  The position will also require
supervision of junior staff and interns on a regular basis.  There
will be an unrivalled opportunity to gain an intensive and broad
range of in depth practical experience and related study.

Applicants must be graduates from a recognised training programme
and should hold a Bachelor or Masters Degree, or equivalent Diploma,
in easel paintings conservation.  Applicants must also be fluent in
English (written and spoken) to native or bi-lingual standard; this
is essential.  A collaborative, supportive and flexible team working
style will also be essential, and the ability to deal with people at
all levels and in a professional manner will be critical.  A high
degree of IT literacy, preferably including the use of software for
data acquisition and analysis and image processing, is also
required.

The successful candidate will be organised, responsible, hard
working, and enthusiastic.  An ability to work to very high
standards, unsupervised and under very tight fixed deadlines will be
essential.  A clean driving license and car will also be essential.

KSH&Co Ltd welcomes diversity and is committed to equality of
opportunity.  However we have a responsibility to ensure that
candidates comply with UK Border and Immigration legislation and
have the right to live and undertake an internship in the UK.
Applications (covering letter and c.v.) and two letters of reference
(sent directly to KSH&Co Ltd by referees) should be emailed directly

    Kiffy Stainer-Hutchins
    Director, KSH&Co Ltd
    kiffy_at_>kstainerhutchins.com

Closing date: 6 November 2015

Thereafter applicants will necessarily be shortlisted, interviewed
and the successful candidate appointed very quickly so that they are
in a position to start as early in December 2015 as possible.

                Distributed: Saturday, October 24, 2015