Subject: Storage for herbarium collection

Storage for herbarium collection

From: Helen Mar Parkin <hmparkin<-at->
Date: Sunday, October 18, 2015
Emily Bell <ebell<-at->wellesley<.>edu> writes

>Would it be sufficient to store the pages in a couple of archival
>boxes, possibly with some spacing material between pages to
>encourage air circulation?  Or does anyone have any other
>suggestions for caring for this kind of material? ...

I received some excellent advice on pest management in herbaria from
Tiana Rehman <trehman<-at->brit<.>org> at the Botanical Research Institute
of Texas and Mike Merchant <m-merchant<-at->tamu<.>edu> at Texas A&M
University.  I'm sure they would have some information on the best
way to store your specimens.

Helen Mar Parkin
Lindale, TX

                Distributed: Saturday, October 24, 2015