Subject: Enhancing pencilled and inked notations

Enhancing pencilled and inked notations

From: Margit J. Smith <mjsmith<-at->
Date: Monday, October 12, 2015
One of my clients brought an 1801 Book of Common Prayer from which
he wishes to preserve the pencilled and inked notes.  The paper is
in very poor condition, foxed and near brittle.  Is there a process
by which the notes can be photographed or scanned with the
background excised to make the notes more prominent?  I will
appreciate any advice you can give me.

Margit J. Smith (Professor retired)

                 Distributed: Sunday, October 18, 2015