Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Jo Wilson <jo.wilson<-at->
Date: Friday, October 9, 2015
Manager of Information Management
Hampton Court Palace
(with frequent travel to other palaces)

Competitive package

Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) is the independent charity that looks
after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting
House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle.

Reporting to the Head of Conservation and Collections management and
working with the Head of Digital Transformation you will help us
develop our plans to bring the experience of some of Britain's
finest heritage sites to a wider global audience; to increase the
reach of our learning initiatives and domestic membership, deepen
our research, extend and explain our conservation, and continue to
be a heritage site charity with effective business and visitor
information management.  To support this we require comprehensive
management of our records and digital assets which include
exhibition videos, marketing images, historical research documents,
commissioned art projects, project documents, organisation
strategies, corporate governance and business records, to building
surveying images, laser scans and archaeological reports to name but
a few.  We are making a significant investment in a digital
transformation programme to underpin this.

The information that makes up the stories of the palaces and their
histories and brings them to life needs to be findable and useable
by all our staff, visitors and friends around the world--much of it
is irreplaceable and must be preserved for future generations so
needs the best industry standards applied.  This is a new role in
HRP for someone with ambition to make their mark in the cultural
sector's area of information management with a focus on digital
information management.  It presents an exciting opportunity to lead
on the establishment of our digital information asset management
programme whilst strategically evolving the records management
systems and practices to be adopted by HRP

We are looking for an experienced information manager with a degree
in Archives and Records management and extensive experience of
digital information asset standards and processes, ideally within
the cultural heritage, museum or gallery sectors.  To ensure
success, we will be seeking demonstrable evidence in leading,
planning and reporting a programme of information management.
Having an understanding of how to work with technology teams is
essential and an ability to influence others to organise their
information according the processes you establish.  This is very
much a 'hands on' role with considerable project management, so a
history of achievement through strategic and tactical delivery, as
well as being able to engage staff to find creative solutions will
be crucial.  An enthusiasm for history, records management and the
soft skills required to influence, build empathy and communicate
clearly and passionately will deliver the ambitions expected.

If you believe you can contribute to our goals within this
challenging and varied role, find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment>

Closing date:  1 November 2015

Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background.

                Distributed: Saturday, October 10, 2015