Subject: Position at Royal Museums Greenwich

Position at Royal Museums Greenwich

From: Amy Atkinson <aatkinson<-at->
Date: Monday, September 28, 2015
Assistant Paper Conservator
Royal Museums Greenwich

Salary UKP21,000 - UKP26,000

Closing date 18 October 2015

An exciting opportunity has arisen for an assistant paper
conservator to join Royal Museums Greenwich.  We have recently
embarked on an ambitious 4 year project that will significantly
increase our gallery space, see the development of a purpose built
conservation facility at our Kidbrooke site, and a refresh of the
Royal Observatory Greenwich.  There has never been a more exciting
time to join RMG.

To help us achieve all of this we are now looking for a trained and
enthusiastic Assistant Paper Conservator.  You will be part of a
team of Paper Conservators working on a variety of paper based
objects ranging from watercolours and pastels to sketchbooks and
photographs, with items dating from the 15th century to contemporary
pieces.  You will undertake a wide range of treatments on our varied
collection, supporting the Museum's long term Endeavour project as
well the loan's out programme, digitisation projects and public
programmes.

You will have recognised professional qualification as well as a
high level of manual dexterity and experience of working with paper
based collections.  You will need an awareness of COSHH and H&S
issues, as well as experience of using collections management
databases.

For a full job description and details of how to apply, please visit

    <URL:http://www.rmg.co.uk/jobs>

                 Distributed: Saturday, October 3, 2015