Subject: Siobhan Stevenson appointed Icon board of trustees chair

Siobhan Stevenson appointed Icon board of trustees chair

From: Michael Nelles <mnelles<-at->
Date: Friday, September 11, 2015
New Chair for Icon

The Institute of Conservation has appointed a new Chair of the Board
of Trustees

The Board of Trustees is delighted to announce the appointment of
Siobhan Stevenson ACR as the new Chair of Icon.  Siobhan has been
Head of Collections Care National Museums Northern Ireland since
2008, and had been a Trustee of Icon for five years until she
stepped down from the role last December.

Iain Boyd, Chair of Icon's Nominations Committee: 'Siobhan is a
dynamic leader and a powerful advocate for conservation.  She has a
proven deep commitment to Icon and will bring fresh ideas as we
develop our strategic direction.'

Siobhan will be taking up her Chair role from November 30, 2015.
Until then, Interim Joint Chairs Caroline Peach and Nigel Dacre will
work closely with her to ensure a smooth transition.

Siobhan: 'I feel privileged to be selected as the new Icon Chair.
Icon is in great shape to take on some of the challenges that will
be facing the profession across the next few years.  I look forward
to working with the Board, our members and stakeholders to build
Icon and to strengthen the provision and awareness of conservation.'

Contact:

    Alison Richmond
    Chief Executive
    arichmond<-at->icon<.>org<.>uk