Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Shuhel Miah <shuhel.miah<-at->
Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Researcher, Conservation Science, NANORESTART
Tate

Reference:     TG1134
Band:          3L

Department:    Conservation

Salary:        UKP29,300 per annum

23 Months Fixed-term
Full-time

Reporting to:  Senior Conservation Scientist
Location:  Millbank, London

Revolutionise the conservation of contemporary art.

Funded by the EU, the NANORESTART project aims to address the often
extremely fast degradation of materials used by contemporary
artists.  Working at the cutting edge of modern chemistry and
material science, the project will focus on the development and
evaluation of highly innovative conservation techniques.

This is your chance to work with one of the most globally important
art institutions on ground-breaking research into one of the most
significant challenges facing modern and contemporary art
conservation.  You will make a significant contribution by producing
test polymeric substrate samples and evaluating substrate cleaning
systems using analytical and imaging technologies.  You'll also
circulate results to our research partners, contribute to the
dissemination of research and facilitate the transfer of knowledge
from the project into practice within Tate.  The scientific analysis
of our collection will also fall within your remit.

An active post-doctoral researcher, or having recently completed
doctoral studies, you will have experience of conservation science,
heritage science, technical art history or a physical science.
Alongside at least two publications that demonstrate autonomous and
original research, preferably related to conservation or heritage
science, you will bring experience of gas chromatography, FTIR
spectroscopy, digital microscopy or equivalent.  As the role will
involve multiple collaborations with international partners,
meticulous organisation and attention to detail will be essential.
Above all, you will be driven to achieve with the ability to use
your own initiative.

How to apply: Our opportunities are open for you to apply online.
Please visit:

    <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk/about/workingattate/>

to create an account by registering your details or if you are an
existing user, log into your account.  For all opportunities, we ask
candidates to complete an online application form for the vacancy
they are interested in.  If you need an application form in an
alternative format, please call us on +44 20 7887 4997Once you
have submitted your application, you can keep track of its progress
by logging in to your account.

The closing date for the submission of completed application forms
is Thursday, 1 October 2015 by 17.00.  Interviews will be held on
Monday, 19 October 2015.

Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.

Please note that any information sent, received or held by Tate may
be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000

                 Distributed: Sunday, September 6, 2015