Subject: Dusting artworks

Dusting artworks

From: Lisa Bruno <lisa.bruno<-at->
Date: Monday, August 31, 2015
Paul Benson <pbenson<-at->nelson-atkins<.>org> writes

>I am writing an Artwork Dusting Plan for my museum and would like to
>know how other institutions dust their works of art. ...

We have a Housekeeping Manual we are currently updating, but
basically there is a joint position for an art handler/maintainer at
the museum who works with both Collections and Conservation to dust
by vacuuming (and sometimes Swiffers) the collection objects.  The
schedule is somewhat fluid as installations interrupt the
housekeeping schedule.  Security staff dusts vitrines and platforms
on a daily basis.

Lisa Bruno
Carol Lee Shen Chief Conservator

                 Distributed: Sunday, September 6, 2015