Subject: Lectures on digital art

Lectures on digital art

From: Michaela Seiser <michaela.seiser<-at->
Date: Thursday, August 27, 2015
Lecture Series

"Museum and Archive on the Move"
Danube University
Department for Image Science
MUMOK
Vienna

Leading experts discuss how digital technologies and digital art
change our perception of and interaction with images and how museums
and archives answer the new challenges of collection management,
research and education.  The lecture series "Museum and Archive on
the Move" invites international renowned experts from art, art
history, cultural-, media- and museum studies to present their
latest findings, new approaches and improvement strategies, and
introduces pioneering interdisciplinary research results.

Program

    Prof. Dr. Erkki Huhtamo
    UCLA / US
    "Media Archeology - Moving Panorama"
    Tuesday, Sept 1, 2015
    17-18:30

    Dr. Andreas Broeckmann
    Leuphana, Germany
    "Re-Considering 'Les Immateriaux'"
    Monday, Sept 9, 2015
    17-18:30

    Dr. Christian Bracht
    Bildarchiv Foto Marburg, Germany
    Personenbezogene
    "Daten. Von grafischen Bildnissammlungen zum Digitalen
        Portraitindex"
    Wednesday, Sept 16, 2015
    17-18:30

    Dr. Jorge Wagensberg
    Barcelona University, Spain
    "The Total Museum"
    Monday, Oct 5, 2015
    17-18:30

    Dr. habil. Dieter Bogner
    Universitat Wien, Austria
    "Museum in Bewegung"
    Tuesday, Oct 13, 2015
    17-18:30

    Ryszard Kluszczinsky
    University of Lodz, Poland
    "Distributed, Expanded or Rejected? New Media Arts and the
        Museum"
    Tuesday, Nov 17, 2015
    17-18:30

    Prof. Dr. Lev Manovich
    CUNY Graduate Center, US
    "Exhibiting Big Data"
     Friday, Dec 4, 2015
    14-15:30 *

     Univ.-Prof. Dr. habil. and Dr. h.c. Oliver Grau
     Danube University, Austria
    "Media Arts Challenge for our Democratic Societies"
    Friday, Dec 4, 2015
    17-18:30 *

    Assistant Prof. Dr. Christiane Paul
    The New School, New York, US
    "Art and the Conditions of Digital Materiality"
    Saturday, Dec 5,2015
    17-18:30

    Prof. Dr. Sean Cubitt
    Goldsmiths, University London, UK
    "Light and Screen"
    Monday, Dec 7, 2015
    17-18:30

Location

    Danube University Krems
    Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Strasse 30
    3500 Krems

Marked lectures will be held at the museum of modern art (MUMOK)
Museumsplatz 1
1070 Vienna
17.00 - 18:3

Free Entrance