Subject: Call for papers--AIC and CAC-ACCR Annual Meeting--addendum

Call for papers--AIC and CAC-ACCR Annual Meeting--addendum

From: Katelin Lee <klee<-at->
Date: Friday, August 14, 2015
Call for Papers

AIC and CAC-ACCR Annual Meeting
Montreal
May 13-17, 2016

New online submission format for Call for Papers

AIC and CAC-ACCR Annual Meeting Montreal May 13-17, 2016

The theme for AIC's 44th Annual Meeting, held jointly with the 42nd
Annual CAC-ACCR Conference, in Montreal, Canada, May 13-17, 2016,
will be "Emergency! Preparing for Disasters and Confronting the
Unexpected in Conservation."

In order to simplify abstract submission for all applicants, we have
just launched a new online abstract submission tool.  The submission
portal is accessible through our abstracts page.  To learn more
about our Meeting Theme and read both our General, Specialty, and
Joint Call for Papers, visit

    <URL:http://www.conservation-us.org/abstracts>

Colleagues are invited to submit abstracts that address in a
broad-based way the impact of past, present, and future disasters on
the protection of cultural property.  In addition, papers that
address confronting the unexpected in conservation whether it occurs
during the treatment of an artifact or during a natural disaster are
requested.

The Textile Specialty Group (TSG) seeks papers that address the
general meeting theme and related subjects.  Papers that address
planning and collections care practices that mitigate the damage
that otherwise occurs to textile collections during and following
disasters would be welcomed as would papers that address health and
safety issues, recovery actions, recovery treatments, or evaluation
of measures taken in past emergencies.  There are many openings and
directions within the meeting theme.  Please feel free to interpret
it broadly.  Papers that address other topics relevant to textile
preservation are also welcomed.

The review committees will be looking for abstracts related to the
general theme, however other topics will be reviewed as well. Please
refer to the full Call for Papers on our website for more details.

To see the full call for papers and to submit your abstract online,
visit

    <URL:http://www.conservation-us.org/abstracts>

The submission deadline for papers is Monday, September 14, 2015.
Poster abstract submissions are due Thursday, October 1, 2015.

If you have any questions, please contact Ruth Seyler
<rseyler<-at->conservation-us<.>org>.

We look forward to receiving your submissions.

Katelin Lee
Meetings Associate
American Institute for Conservation
1156 15th St. NW - Suite 320