Subject: Survey on conservation and interaction with objects in collections

Survey on conservation and interaction with objects in collections

From: Naomi Bergmans <naomi.bergmans.10<-at->
Date: Thursday, July 23, 2015
Survey

"Conservation as a catalyst for increased interaction with objects
    in collections"

As part of my MSc Conservation dissertation research, I am
documenting examples of the impact of conservation projects
resulting in increased and unexpected activity around the objects
treated, particularly if those objects were previously considered to
be under-used within the owning institution.

Conservation activities could include anything from preventive or
interventive measures to examination and analysis, archival research
and public engagement, blogging etc.  Increased use might include
the inclusion of the object in displays, handling sessions, loans,
research visits, publications etc, which were not planned prior to
the conservation project taking place.

If you have a specific story which you would like to contribute,
please go to the SurveyMonkey questionnaire at

    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6TQMDMJ>

It should take only a few minutes and can be filled in anonymously.

Recommendations for relevant case studies in the conservation
literature would also be very gratefully received, and may be
emailed directly to naomi.bergmans.10<-at->ucl<.>ac<.>uk.

Naomi Bergmans
MSc Conservation Student, UCL

                  Distributed: Thursday, July 30, 2015