Subject: Journal of Saad Eskander available

Journal of Saad Eskander available

From: Mauro J. Mazzini <centreprotectionpatrimoine<-at->
Date: Thursday, July 9, 2015
In the new post of our blog at the Centre de Protection du
Patrimoine (CPP), we added a PDF version of the journal of Dr. Saad
Eskander as director of the Iraq National Library and Archives.

Some of you may have read it when it first started in 2006.  Now we
present all the posts in a single file that includes an introduction
and a final note from its author and some images taken at the
moment.  He explains their struggle to rebuild an institution that
protects cultural and documental heritages; he discusses subjects
like looting, preventive care, digitisation, conservators training
and access.  There is probably no other recent (or even old)
document made by an authority that speaks openly about the big key
problems in the cultural heritage protection.

You can download it at:

    <URL:https://assocpp.wordpress.com/2015/07/09/english-diary-of-saad-eskander-as-the-irak-national-library-and-archives-director/>

For those of you that have not read it yet, we strongly believe you
will find it extremely inspiring.

Mauro J. Mazzini
Centre de Protection du Patrimoine
Association loi 1901 pour la protection du patrimoine culturel et
    documentaire

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 15, 2015