Subject: Ink jet printers

Ink jet printers

From: Emily Jacobson <jacobsone<-at->
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2015
We use an Epson Stylus Pro 3800 at the Freer-Sackler for our
archival images for treatment documentation.  We are having repeated
problems with the nozzles clogging necessitating repeated head
cleanings with a big waste of ink.  I think this may be happening,
in part, because we are not using the printer regularly.  Is anyone
else is experiencing this problem with their ink jet printer?  If
so, how are you dealing with it? The printer is about 7 years old.
Is it simply a matter of being time to buy a new printer or would we
experience the same issues given that we don't print with it daily?
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Emily Klayman Jacobson
Paper Photographs Conservator
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
jacobsone<-at->si<.>edu
202-633-0374
Fax: 202-633-9474

                   Distributed: Sunday, June 28, 2015