Subject: Lead weights

Lead weights

From: Amy Sampson <amy.sampson<-at->
Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Like many institutions, we use lengths of 400g/m lead curtain tape
as a weight to aid in the handling of historic documents.  Our
previous supplier is no longer able to get this product and I am
interested to discover whether anyone else is having difficulty in
finding a supplier to source this from?  Can anyone recommend a UK
supplier, or has anyone found an acceptable alternative that can be
used safely with large-format items?

Amy Sampson
Preventive Conservation Assistant
The National Archives