Subject: IFLA Pre-congress Satellite Meeting

IFLA Pre-congress Satellite Meeting

From: Jeanne Drewes <jdre<-at->
Date: Thursday, June 11, 2015
IFLA 2015 Pre-congress Satellite Meeting
12-13 August 2015
University of KwaZulu
Natal Library
Howard College Campus
Durban, South Africa

Conference Theme: "Planning and Preservation for today's Libraries"

Discussions will include the impact of climate change on the
preservation management of our collections, the challenges of
designing, planning, constructing and renovating buildings for
today's libraries, sustainable decision-making to preserve
collections, the silent disaster--testing for mold type,
preservation practices

Day 1 will be presented at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Howard
College Campus and

Day 2 will be held at the Campbell Collections of UKZN, 220 Gladys
Mazibuko Road, Durban and will include a tour of the Mashu Museum of
Ethnology

    <URL:http://campbell.ukzn.ac.za>

Full conference program and detail:

    <URL:http://www.ifla.org/preservation-and-conservation>

Attendance is free but pre-registration is essential, as places are
limited.

    <URL:http://www.ifla.org/node/9594>

Light refreshments and lunch will be provided on both days.

We look forward to welcoming you to Durban, eThekwini

    <URL:http://www.durban.gov.za/Pages/default.aspx>

    Danielle Minico
    Chair: IFLA Preservation and Conservation Sections
    danielle.mincio<-at->bcu<.>unil<.>ch

For further information, contact

    Nellie Somers
    Chair: Sapcon