Subject: Biocides

Biocides

From: Philip Skipper <pskipper<-at->
Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015
I am a PhD student studying biodeterioration of historic limestone
buildings in an oceanic environment.  As well as attempting to
characterise the differences in species between damaged and
undamaged stone, I am also planning to look at how effective the
commerically available biocides used by conservators are.  In order
to ensure that the biocides I test are relevant I would appreciate
answers to the following questions.

    What brand of biocide do you use?

    What concentration do you use it at?

    How regularly do you use the biocide?

    What material(s) do you use the biocide on?

    If possible can you tell me why you selected that biocide (ie
    recommendation, sales pitch etc)?

Please send replies directly to pskipper<-at->lincoln<.>ac<.>uk by December
2015

All results will be anonymised if used for publication.

If you would like to receive further information from the results of
this study please let me know.

Philip Skipper
The University of Lincoln

                   Distributed: Monday, June 8, 2015