Subject: Replacement for Araldite AV1253

Replacement for Araldite AV1253

From: Liz Peirce <elpeirce<-at->
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2015
I was wondering if anyone knew of a comparable carvable epoxy wood
filler for Araldite AV1253 available in the UK?  As a US native in a
UK graduate program, I had originally assumed the lack of Araldite
AV1253 was due to institutional preferences, but when looking to
order some for personal use and research, I have found it very
difficult to find outside the US.  I had seen that Bencon 22 was
offered as a similar material in Rivers' Conservation of Furniture,
but the company doesn't seem to supply that material directly to
individuals.  I have placed an inquiry and am waiting to hear back,
but was interested in other alternatives UK practitioners might use?

Elizabeth Peirce

                   Distributed: Monday, June 8, 2015