Subject: Survey on environmental control

Survey on environmental control

From: Mandy Garratt <mandy.garratt<-at->
Date: Saturday, June 6, 2015
I am an MA Preventive Conservation student at Northumbria
University, UK.  Earlier this year, I undertook a work placement at
the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre where I looked into the
possibility of shutting down the air-conditioning in order to save
energy, but still maintain safe conditions for the collections.  My
research included a short survey, which some of the DistList members
responded to and I am very grateful for those contributions.

I am now developing this topic further for my dissertation, by
investigating the impact that a relaxation of environmental
standards would have on archives and museum collections around the
world.  A key part of my research is looking at the current
environmental standards used by museums and archives, and seeing how
their environmental conditions are achieved, and I am hoping that
you may be able to help with my research.

I have created a survey, which should take around 5 minutes to
complete, and I would be very grateful to hear from staff at museums
and archives around the world.

The survey is available at:

    <URL:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1A-c_GanAMrCscBf7gIb1oSJlWU7_NSWQKN-yyxjEfyI/viewform?usp=send_form>

Please complete the survey by 26 June 2015.  Kind regards,

Mandy Garratt
Preventive Conservation Student
Northumbria University

                   Distributed: Monday, June 8, 2015