Subject: Supplier for Formetal sought

Supplier for Formetal sought

From: Angela Musil-Jantjes <angela.musil-jantjes<-at->
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Joanne Hackett <j.hackett<-at->vam<.>ac<.>uk> writes

>Two years ago we found a fabulous mount-making material called
>Formetal that was sold via a theatrical chandler in London.  ...
>... Can anyone point us to a
>supplier in Europe or the US? I have photos if you wish to see a
>sample.  It's definitely not a 'mesh' type construction.

The producer is a German company, they sell directly:

    Dinosaurier Werkzeuge
    Trading GmbH
    Bereich Formetal
    info<-at->formetal<.>de

    <URL:http://www.formetal.de>

The Y-shape Formetal Ypsilon is at present not available, they
recommend Formetal Varius for the time being.

Angela Musil-Jantjes
Textile Conservator
+47 969 03 494
The National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design
PO Box 7014
St. Olavs plass
NO-0130 Oslo

                  Distributed: Saturday, May 30, 2015