Subject: Water alarm

Water alarm

From: Bill Whitley <bill<-at->
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2015
William Minter <wdm14<-at->psu<.>edu> writes

>We are gathering information for a disaster preparedness workshop
>for our branch campus libraries.  While we have many items to share,
>we are also interested in knowing if anyone has experience with a
>water alarm that sends a message to a cell phone.  If anyone uses
>the La Crosse Technology Alert
>
>    <URL:https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/alerts/remote-water-leak-detector-early-warning-alerts.php>
>
>or other similar system, we would appreciate hearing from you.

This is not a commercial application, but I use an Insteon water
leak sensor in my cellar, connected via WiFi to a hub which plugs
into a wifi router.  Works like a charm.

The sensor is $35, the hub around $80.

    <URL:http://www.insteon.com/leak-sensor>

    <URL:http://www.insteon.com/insteon-hub>

There's an iPhone app to check status, and label multiple sensors.

This sends an your email address(es) to you to alert on leak
detection.  I can detect no lag time in reporting.  You can add
additional sensors for monitoring additional areas, motion
detection, or even video surveillance.

Sets up very easily.

Bill Whitley
Fort Collins CO