Subject: Supplier for Formetal sought

Supplier for Formetal sought

From: Joanne Hackett <j.hackett<-at->
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Two years ago we found a fabulous mount-making material called
Formetal that was sold via a theatrical chandler in London.  This is
a smooth aluminium sheet material with a 'Y' shaped grid stamped out
of it. The unique 'Y' shaped perforations enable the sheet material
to form a compound curve and we have been using it to modify
mannequins and to make custom supports for costume.  Sadly, this
product is no longer sold in the UK.  Can anyone point us to a
supplier in Europe or the US? I have photos if you wish to see a
sample.  It's definitely not a 'mesh' type construction.

Joanne Hackett ACR
Head of Textiles and Fashion Conservation
Victoria and Albert Museum
+44 207 942 2125

                  Distributed: Saturday, May 23, 2015