Subject: Survey on microfadometry

Survey on microfadometry

From: Christel Pesme <christel.pesme<-at->
Date: Friday, May 22, 2015
I am a paper conservator and I am working with a portable
microfader, which I use to assess light sensitivity of collection
items in order to help implementing appropriate lighting policy.  I
am starting a survey in order to refine my understanding of the
technique application and I am collecting observations made by
conservators on collection items.  More specifically I am looking
for cases in which items of the same edition have been exposed to
light differently, resulting to some being visibly more faded than
others.

Best would be if exhibition history of each item is available, but I
am still very interested hearing about the case even without such
information.

If you have observed such case in the collection your are taking
care of, can you, please, report it to me?  Be sure that I would
greatly appreciate: your observation is key for this survey.

I thank you in advance for your help,

Crystal Pesme

                  Distributed: Saturday, May 23, 2015