Subject: Call for participation--Connecting to Collections Care Online Community

Call for participation--Connecting to Collections Care Online Community

From: M. Susan Barger <msusanbarger<-at->
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Please Join Us.

The Connecting to Collections Care Online Community is the
continuation of the Connecting to Collections program that was
handed on from Heritage Preservation to the Foundation for the
American Institute for Conservation.  This program provides free
webinars and resources for those working in small and mid-sized
cultural institutions that are staffed by those who may not have
professional training or many resources to devote to care of their
collections.

One service we offer through the C2C Care website

    <URL:00http://www.connectingtocollections.org>

is the chance to ask questions regarding collections care and
management issues and to receive an answer from the online
community.  The C2C Care Online Community Advisory Group is putting
together a "Brain Trust" to help to make sure that our community
members are getting accurate and appropriate information.  We are
asking for your assistance in fulfilling that mission.  We have two
ways that you can contribute to this effort by participating as
Discussion Board Monitors or by joining the list of Experts who will
assist the Monitors.  Below are job descriptions.

Discussion Forum Monitors

    This position is designed primarily for emerging professionals,
    and allows them to exercise their preservation knowledge and
    decision-making skills.

    Duties:

        For a two-week shift, visit message board daily
        (Monday-Friday) to check for new posts

        Answer questions when the monitor knows the answers.  We
        want to make sure that questions are answered in a day or
        two of posting

        Contact an expert for advice when the monitor does not have
        an answer or the question is out of the monitor's field

        Read the discussions and evaluate the quality of the advice
        others are providing.  Keeping in mind the audience; if
        advice from others is unsound, gently explain why and
        redirect the conversation

        Behave professionally at all times

Expert

    This position is designed for experienced professionals and
    allows them to contribute to the community when needed without
    making a substantial time commitment.

    Duties:

        Allow contact information (name, specialties, e-mail
        address, phone number) to be published on an internal list
        so that Message Board Monitors know who they can ask for
        help in specific areas

        Respond to e-mail messages and telephone calls from Message
        Board Monitors

        Register and post on C2C Care discussion board if necessary
        or when asked by Message Board Monitors

        Behave professionally at all times

If you are interested in contributing to this effort, please let us
know.  If you are interesting in being a Monitor, please send your
name, email address, and two months where you might be available to
be a monitor (we will only schedule two weeks of your preferred
months).  If you want to be on the experts list, please send your
name, email and the areas in which you can offer expertise.  All
inquiries should be sent to c2cc<-at->conservation-us<.>org

Thank you so much,

    Rebecca Elder
    Chair, C2C Care Online Community Advisory Group

    M. Susan Barger
    C2C Care Online Community Coordinator

                  Distributed: Saturday, May 23, 2015