Subject: Campaign to save cultural heritage of Iraq

Campaign to save cultural heritage of Iraq

From: Mauro J. Mazzini <mjmconservation<-at->
Date: Friday, May 8, 2015
Here is some interesting info that Chuck Jones posted in the Iraq
Crisis List:

    A group of civil society organizations and intellectuals in
    Iraq, hand in hand with academics, intellectuals, and other
    concerned international actors, have united to protect and
    preserve Iraq's cultural sites and artifacts, and to serve as
    stewards of the nation's great cultural heritage.  Together they
    will work to determine the requirements and priorities of this
    vital work and to coordinate on-going efforts to halt the
    destruction of Iraq's unique and priceless locations and relics.

    This initiative is open to all.  We need everyone who is
    interested to work with us hand in hand and shoulder to
    shoulder, knowing that our goal will require years of work and
    patience.  Our declaration will be published with signatures of
    individuals and organizations that endorse the campaign in
    alphabetical order.  A committee of civil society organizations
    and individuals to promote this initiative will be formed.

    To contact us and sign the initiative, write to
    saveheritage<-at->iraqicivilsociety<.>org

Mauro Mazzini
Conservateur-restaurateur
Centre de Protection du Patrimoine
Paris