Subject: Surface cleaning using cosmetic sponges

Surface cleaning using cosmetic sponges

From: Lisa Handke <lisa.handke<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2015
In connection with my bachelor thesis I am looking for information
and experience reports concerning the use of cosmetics sponges.
Unfortunately in Germany information is very rare.  I would be
interested in which brands you know or which cosmetic sponges you
use, since when you are using them and where you acquire these
products.  It would also be interesting from which materials the
cosmetics sponges are made of (polyurethane, latex, etc).  It seems
to be quite difficult to find out the exact ingredients.  Maybe you
already know some studies or tests which deal with cosmetics sponges
in conservation?  I also would like to know where you see advantages
and disadvantages in the use, especially in the surface cleaning of
paper objects.  I would be grateful for any information and I am
very curious what you can tell me.

Lisa Handke
BA Student, Preventive Conservation of Books and Paper
HAWK University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Hildesheim, Germany

                  Distributed: Sunday, April 26, 2015