Subject: Tour of Caerlaverock Castle

Tour of Caerlaverock Castle

From: Katherine Carter <katherine.carter<-at->
Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Caerlaverock Castle Insight Tour
Dumfries,

Join us at Caerlaverock Castle for a unique behind the scenes tour
of the conservation work currently taking place.  Historic Scotland
Conservation Directorate have been carrying out a high level survey
of our Estate over the last few months, using scaffolding, Mobile
Elevated Platforms (MEWPs) and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) to
record a snapshot of the condition at the very top of our moments.

This tour gives you the chance to discover how we scale to the top
of our tallest properties and give you a sneak preview of some of
our findings.  Our conservation architect will talk about how the
survey results are informing the different conservation works going
on at our properties and you will also get the chance to see this
first hand at the top of the high level scaffolding on the iconic
Caerlaverock Castle.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to stand on the top of this
unique Scottish castle, take in the stunning views and learn more
about what it's like to conserve monuments at the highest level.

Time: 12noon-14:00 or 14:30-15:30

Cost: UKP20

Please be aware this tour involves access to the high level scaffold
by climbing a series of 6 ladders.  You must be physically fit and
able to cope with heights.  All personal protective equipment will
be provided

    <URL:http://conservation.historic-scotland.gov.uk/home/events-listing/event-detail.htm?eventid=11241>

Katie Carter
Technical Outreach and Education Officer
Historic Scotland
Alba Aosmhor
Longmore House
Salisbury Place