Subject: Position at May Berkouwer Textile Conservation

Position at May Berkouwer Textile Conservation

From: May Berkouwer <may<-at->
Date: Friday, April 3, 2015
Textile Conservator
May Berkouwer Textile Conservation
Sudbury, Suffolk (UK)

Short term contract

We are looking for a qualified textile conservator to join our small
but busy private Studio in Suffolk.  The Studio undertakes a diverse
range of projects working for local, regional and national, public
and private clients.  We treat a wide variety of textiles including
furnishings, tapestries, embroideries, banners and rugs.  We also
occasionally work on site, carry out condition surveys, provide
advice on preventive conservation and offer occasional placements
for students and interns.

More information can be found at

    <URL:http://www.mbtexcon.co.uk>

This post offers the opportunity to work within a small team, under
supervision of an Accredited Conservator, where you will be
encouraged to grow in your role and make your contribution to the
Studio, its services and its small team.

This is a initial 3-month post starting in May 2015, or soon after,
with potential for extension for the right person.  Terms and
conditions of work are negotiable; salary will depend on experience
and skills bearing in mind the salary scales recommended by the
Institute of Conservation.

Please send your CV and an introductory letter to
info<-at->mbtexcon<.>co<.>uk

Closing date for applications:  April 20, 2015.

For further information or an informal discussion, please contact

    May Berkouwer
    Principal Conservator
    +44 1787 370840

May Berkouwer ACR