Subject: Survey on packaging systems

Survey on packaging systems

From: Roxane Burke <roxane.k.burke<-at->
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Survey on packaging systems and access to flat and 3-D
archaeological textile objects

    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/packagingsystemsandaccesstoarchaeologicaltextiles>

I am a student in the UCL Institute of Archaeology Masters
conservation programme doing my final year placement at the Museum
of London.  My dissertation topic is looking into ideas for storage
of excavated textiles, both flat and 3-D.

This questionnaire is part of my research and will help show the
types of storage currently used in similar institutions or
collections.  For archaeological textiles, we think there are
limited research and published guidelines in this area.

The questionnaire targets those who have access to or are custodians
of collections containing archaeological textile fragments and/or
archaeological three-dimensional accessories e.g. hats, stocking
etc.  We would value your experience with these collections and
dealing with physical and storage issues with this material.

Deadline: 12 May 2015.

Roxane Karen Burke
MSc Conservation for Archaeology and Museums, Institute of
    Archaeology
University College London
Archaeology Conservation placement student, Museum of London

                   Distributed: Sunday, April 5, 2015