Subject: Position at National Railway Museum (NRM)

Position at National Railway Museum (NRM)

From: Jannicke Langfeldt <jannicke.langfeldt<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Conservation and Collections Care Manager
National Railway Museum, York

Full time and permanent
35 hours per week
UKP26,000 - UKP31,000

Want to work with the most important railway collection in the
world, allowing it to be presented and conserved to its full
potential?  Here at the National Railway Museum we have a huge and
varied collection of almost 2 million items, from the locomotives
themselves, to works of art, uniforms, ceramics and archives.  You
will be able to shape the direction of conservation and
preservation, further developing and implementing our strategic
approach.

Required Skills: You will have experience of collections management
and conservation as well as staff management and work planning in a
museum, arts or heritage environment.  It is essential that you can
interact effectively with colleagues across the Museum and the wider
Science Museum Group.  You will have worked with a diverse
collection, understanding the hazards of engineering artefacts.
Ideally you will have prior experience and/or demonstrable interest
in railway history.

For more information and to apply, please visit

    <URL:https://vacancies.nmsi.ac.uk>

Closing date: 5 April 2015
Interview date: 21 April 2015

                  Distributed: Sunday, March 29, 2015